Series of "Unique" Passengers Part 2






Mrs. That's Your Job
We had just started boarding and I was in the front of the airplane greeting people as they boarded. I saw an elderly lady get on with her walker that had a tag, which meant it would not be coming on the airplane and would be meeting her once we landed. I said hello to her and another woman who was traveling with her. I informed them the walker could be set by the door on the jet bridge. The woman who was helping the elderly lady roughly handed me the walker. I repeated she had to leave the walker on the jet bridge. She immediately got frustrated and angrily barked "that's your job!" I apologized and try to explain I could not step foot off the aircraft, but she waved her hand aggressively not trying to hear it grunting hateful words under her breath. We take off and (of course) I get to serve them during our inflight service. I start with the elderly lady trying to avoid eye contact with Mrs. That's Your Job. The elderly lady was so particular and ordered several things correcting me and emphasizing exactly how she wanted her drinks. I was blessed with a sprinkle of patience which came on in full effect. I then realized that the elderly lady was the other lady's mother in law. She's been traveling with this very particular viejita and she must be worn out and that's why she snapped at me during boarding. Once Mrs. That's Your Job saw how gracefully I served the elderly lady the look on her face said it all, from there on she was very kind to me.

Mr. Mad And Thirsty
Flying New York to Los Angeles, I was working the first class cabin. In first class we serve a hot main course and orders for the meal service are usually taken front to back. As I approached my last first class passenger the meal option left was not to his liking. He was annoyed and asked why there was no more beef, I explained he was the last one so that was all I had at that point. He wasn't very happy. When I started putting the meals in the oven I noticed catering had given me an extra meal. It was an extra beef, I was relieved and went to notify Mr. Mad And Thirsty. He was not at all grateful and seemed even more annoyed. I served everyone and even got a tip from a lady. Towards the end of the flight Mr. Mad And Thirsty stood up to use the restroom. He came into my galley to tell me he flew very often and this was the worst service he had ever had. He went on to say he was surprised I worked for the airline and that I failed to bring him enough water to his liking. At that point he had already asked for and drank six water bottles. That was two days before my birthday and I swore then I would never fly on my birthday.

Mr. Let Me Throw A Fit
Boarding commenced and here comes a business man. He was sitting in a window seat, business class right before the window exit. As he approached his seat, he threw his backpack angrily on the isle seat and yelled "Are You kidding me?!" I was so startled and my heart was racing. I asked him what was wrong, he angrily shouted his window seat did not have a window (it did not..but you don't buy the window with your seat people..). I told him to calm down and I would find him a new seat. I was literally shaking from his aggressiveness and tantrum like behavior. This was right when the pandemic had begun so the flight was completely open and the fit he threw was unnecessary as there was probably only a total of 20 people flying on the plane. 


xoxo,

Guadalupe

Comments

  1. Your stories AND the way you tell them are so interesting. I give you so much credit for keeping it together and having patience for disrespectful people out there. Whatever you get paid it is certainly not enough!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeousness as always love

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts