Q & A




Where were you born?
I was born in Northern California.

What do you consider your goal in life? (Cual consideras tu meta en la vida?) 
I still don't know what my goal or purpose in life is. I hope to just live a happy life, and chase my dreams and aspirations. I hope to be kind hearted and help others. (Todavia no se cual es mi meta o propόsito en la vida. Espero vivir una vida feliz y perseguir mis sueños y aspiraciones. Espero ser de buen corazón y ayudar a los demas.)

Are you dating someone or are you single? (Estas saliendo con alguien? O estas soltera?)
I am single. (Soy soltera.)

What airline do you work for? (En que aerolinea trabajas?)
A domestic airline. (Una aerolinea domestica.)

Do you have to be a certain height or weight to be a flight attendant?
For most airlines within the United States you do not, as long as you can do all your duties. International can be a little more strict on appearance.

Do you wear pantyhose or thigh highs?
I wear both.

Favorite rock band?
I don't listen to much rock, but I would say Maná. I am actually going to see them later this month and I'm super excited!

Is it hard to pour Diet Coke inflight?
Not difficult, just requires a lot of patience. It is one of the fizziest drinks on the plane, the time it takes you to pour a Diet Coke, you could have poured 3 or 4 other drinks. I usually crack the can open before we go out because I am always one step ahead ;)

What do you like about being a flight attendant?
I like the freedom it has given me. For the most part my schedule is pretty flexible, the job itself isn't too stressful, and I can travel as I please on my days off. The world has opened up for me in many ways with this job.

What is your favorite—landing or takeoff?
Takeoffs are my favorite. I will never forget the first time I flew on a plane, the feeling when the plane took off. I remember imagining myself as a bird and thinking this must be how it feels like to fly. A bird flapping his wings and soaring into the sky.

Does turbulence scare you?
Turbulence doesn't scare me but I do get nauseous. I have only gotten sick once to the point of vomiting, which is pretty good for my three years of flying. If the plane drops, that does scare me.

What has been the craziest situation you've dealt with in the sky?
Aside from a few minor medical situations, I haven't had anything too crazy...oh wait, yes. There was a lady who pooped her pants while sleeping. I also remember one year I was flying on New Year's Eve, the redeye flight to JFK. Even though we were stuck working, I wanted to make it a fun flight for everyone. I got the captain onboard to do the countdown over the speaker, for the time zone of the state we were flying over. The girls and I passed out free wine for the whole cabin so everyone could do a toast at midnight. It was pretty epic.

Do you have to pay if you want to stay longer at the places you are departing?
We can't stay longer because we have to work the flight out.

What is your favorite layover city?
My favorite layover cities are: Boston, Portland, Las Vegas, Juneau, and Honolulu.

How do you deal with time zone change and sleep?
This is something I still haven't quite figured out. I always try to adapt and be in the time zone where I have travelled to. I also listen to my body and sleep when I am tired. Naps are a must, but they are tricky because sometimes a midday nap can make it difficult to sleep at night. Thank goodness for coffee! 

What is the rudest thing a passenger has done to you?
The rudest passenger was an older man on my flight going to Kona. He had been complaining the whole flight about it being cold. We had adjusted the temperature and it felt comfortable. He was in shorts and a t-shirt, again he went to complain and ask for a blanket. The flight attendants in main cabin told him we didn't have any. He angrily stated he was a retired vet and that he would take a bullet for the country but couldn't get a blanket. My crew had informed me he was using foul language and acting inappropriately, but eventually he stopped complaining. Once we landed, I (who had been working first class) was standing in the front of the plane saying goodbye to everyone. The retired vet walks up, mind you I never had a conversation with him the whole flight so I wasn't even aware of what he looked like, grabs a blanket from first class and throws it at me. He proceeds to yell at me that he had been freezing his a** the whole flight and how we had blankets this whole time. I couldn't even believe what had happened. It was utterly disrespectful and uncalled for. What made it worse was my little sister witnessed the whole thing because I had brought her along to spend the layover with me. I reported him and the whole incident because that was clearly a Level 2 threat and I wouldn't have let him fly  if he would have done that before we took off.

Is it true pilots regularly hit on flight attendants?
For the most part, no. I believe how you interact with them sets the tone. I will say, the stereotypes you hear about them are pretty accurate.  

Do you prefer flying day or night?
It depends, I am not a fan of early 5am report times because I can never get a goodnight sleep. I am always scared I am going to miss my alarm, so I end up waking up every hour to check the time. I prefer midday or night flights. Redeyes (night flights) are the easiest to work. The passengers are sleeping, so you can relax and read a book or do whatever you want. However, sometimes it can be difficult staying awake.

Favorite place you've traveled to?
I definitely have a few. It is hard to just pick one because different countries/places stand out for different reasons to me. Iceland blew me away with how raw and untouched the landscape and scenery was. It was a place where time stood still and you could hear your thoughts. The people of Turkey touched my heart with their genuine conversations and hospitality. It was something I had never experienced, it was there I developed my love for tea. So many places have a special place in my heart.

Where do you want to travel next?
Oh, there are so many places I have yet to see! Where should I go next? ☺️


Thank you all for the questions.

xoxo,
Guadalupe♥️

Comments

Popular Posts